Friday, March 04, 2011

New monitoring tool

I've finally upgraded from Red-Gate SQL Response 1.3 (which was barely adequate) to Red-Gate SQL Monitor 2.2. It is a HUGE step up, forward, what not. This thing replaces several queries I have to monitor the health of my servers. Things like buffer cache usage, page splits, disk utilization.

I know the basics behind it are, well, basic. Perfmon stuff and things that can be found in DMVs and DMOs, however the interface is just wonderful.
I'm a huge fan of Red-Gate. My sys admins aren't... but thats because their favorite exchange archive tool was discontinued.

But for the DBA and serious Database Developer on the SQL Server platforms the tools are top notch.

https://www.red-gate.com/products/dba/sql-monitor/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home